I'll be honest, whilst I have mostly cut fructose out of my diet and made the switch to unsweetened foods, there are some days when I just really want a delicious treat. So, what's a girl to do?
Well make these delicious Chocolate Bliss Balls of course! I love them because they don't have dried fruit in them (lots of hidden sugars and I'm not a fan of it anyway) and they are packed full of nutrients making them a healthy choice!
CHOCOLATE BLISS BALLS
- 1 cup mixed raw nuts (I love cashews and hazelnuts)
- 1 cup organic oats
- 1/4 cup cacao powder (the pure, raw stuff not to be confused with Cocoa)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon.
- teaspoon ground ginger
- pinch of organic sea salt.
- 2 tablespoons rice malt syrup or coconut sugar
- 2/3 cups of unsweetened nut butter (cashew or almond works best!)
- 2-3 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
1. Place nuts and oats in a food processor and process until coarsely chopped. You don't want to make the mixture too fine as the balls won't hold together, so leave a bit of texture.
2. Add cocoa powder, salt cinnamon and ginger and blend together.
3. In a separate bowl, combine the nut butter and rice malt syrup into a paste. Add this to the dry ingredients and use your hands to rub the ingredients together. The mix will be quite dry - don't panic!
4. Gradually add in the almond milk, using your hands to work the moisture through the mixture.
5. Once the mixture is combined, shape into small balls (about the size of a truffle)
You can store them in an airtight container in the fridge.